Duke Nukem 3D on Openmoko Neo

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rizurita at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 17:12:10 CEST 2008

--- On Sun, 9/7/08, Charles-Henri Gros <charles-henri.gros+openmoko at m4x.org> wrote:
> Rafael Ignacio Zurita wrote:
> > I want to share a simple duke nukem 3d port for Neo
> which you
> > can play using the accelerometer :)

> http://fz.hobby-site.org/om/duke-nukem-3d/how-to-play-duke.png
>
> That's great!
>
> However turning is a bit slow; I'm wondering if the
> accelerators
> couldn't generate mouse events instead of key presses
> for left/right
> (allowing analog left/right). I'd also like to tweak
> the angle for
> forward/backwards (possibly allowing some sort of
> calibration). I'd love
> to try this myself; but I have no idea how to build the
> source; can you
> help?

Sure. Werner helped me with that task, so I used these instructions:
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2008-June/018493.html

Also, I have modified the Makefiles, so you only need to run
"make" to build ;) (well, if you have already an openmoko development
environment configured)

I'm going to improve a bit the code with some ideas, so if you do
something please let me know, so we can merge code and to do it
still better.

Rafa

--
Rafael Ignacio Zurita