new user issues

Dale Maggee antisol at internode.on.net
Tue Sep 9 13:01:26 CEST 2008

arne anka wrote:
>> I don't suppose you could tell me what file to look at? I've not seen
>>

> look below /etc for pulseaudio. there's a config file with "sample" in it.
> the community archives of juni should contain a few messages describing
> how to do it.

you're referring to /etc/pulse/session, which has, by default:

load-sample ringtone /usr/share/openmoko/sounds/ringtone_classy.wav

this I knew, but Russell mentions changing the ringtone *format*, not
just the tone. I've not seen anything about this.

did a search through the community list for /etc/pulse, didn't come up
with any mention of it, and what I did see indicates that only wav is
possible (which is what I thought)

Thanks,
-Dale