Qtopia Media Player + Pulseaudio = hurt

Dylan Reilly dreilly at atariland.net
Tue Sep 9 20:12:41 CEST 2008

I did nothing special, but I have had configurations where there was no
music listed in the program.

Where, specifically (i.e., directory and partition) do you have your music
stored?

Did your FR suspend once before you ran the program? Suspending right now
under testing borks the SD card mount point.

Also try killing qpe and letting it restart.

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Daniel Benoy <daniel at benoy.name> wrote:

> On Tuesday 09 September 2008 10:44:21 Dylan Reilly wrote:
> > Under current 2008 testing builds, playing (compressed) music through the
> > qtopia media player causes pulseaudio spike to crazy levels of cpu
> > utilization (~ 50%). This is on top the load for the media player itself
> > (~30%). Needless to say, this makes the poor FR incapable of
> decompressing
> > the music in a timely fashion.
> >
> > The GTK openmoko media player does not have this issue. (In 2008, does
> the
> > GTK media player have the patch to bypass pulse as it did in 2007?)
> >
> > Is this a known issue or one I should bug? I remember being able to
> listen
> > to music through the Qtopia media player not too long ago.
> >

> How do you get music selections to come up in the list in the media player?
>
> --
> Daniel Benoy
> http://daniel.benoy.name

Dylan Maxwell Reilly