resume from suspend shows white screen

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Sep 9 23:29:17 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 09:11:46AM +1200, Glen Ogilvie wrote:
> I am running 2008.8 on my freerunner, except I've run into a problem.  When
> the phone resumes from suspend, it sometimes shows a white screen with
> nothing on it, instead of resuming.  It seems to happen after it has been
> suspended for a few minutes or more.
>
> The phone is actually resumed as far as I can tell, because it can be shut
> off by holding the power button for 8 seconds, and it also suspends itself
> again from the white screen, so seems like a window manager crash, or video
> settings not restored type of issue.
>
> Any ideas?     I have not tried the Qtopia release yet, so can't comment if
> that works ok.

Have you tried a recent release? Like
http://downloads.openmoko.org/releases/Om2008.8-update/ from yesterday?

I'm just asking, to me a slightly earlier release *also* doesn't
suspend, just if you get to try it before I do... please do tell :)

Rui

--
Umlaut Zebra über alles!
Today is Boomtime, the 33rd day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3174
+ So let's do it...?