Trolltech Qtopia (not X11) on 2008.8 base rootfs

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Wed Sep 10 00:13:36 CEST 2008

Cédric Berger wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 23:09, Cédric Berger <cedric.berger74 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok thanks, this way I could get the error message :
>>
>> "qpe: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot
>> open shared object file: No such file or directory"
>>

> So I just did an opkg install libstdc++6 and qpe could finally start:-)

yes, g++ now has the silly notion that it needs to link libstdc++ to everything it compiles, even if
it does not need it like Qt and Qtopia.
There is a configure argument to turn off this silliness (when configuring g++), but I forget what
it is. Some toolchains g++ automatically link in libstdc++ for 'you' and some do not. Any toolchain
from OE will exhibit this behavior (since it is g++ default mode).

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, Trolltech, a Nokia company