FDOM (FAT and Dirty Openmoko) Distribution ready to download

David Samblas dsamblasomcommunity at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 01:45:02 CEST 2008

El mar, 09-09-2008 a las 23:30 +0000, JW escribió:
> Jean-Eric Cuendet <ml.jecuendet at ...> writes:
> > In the README, I see:-tangogps ->configured to use google mapsDoes that means
> WIFI is needed for TangoGPS to work?Or is there a way to download Google Maps?
>
> tangoGPS allows you to download tiles of maps (at various scales) and store on
> SD card when in range of Wifi for later use when out and about (works with OSM
> or googlemaps)

well on sd card or whatever you have configured in the config tab on the
Map Repositories in the Cache Dir field, each source has his own
independant dir in FSDOM are all preconfigured to be stored n their own
dir inside /home/root/Maps, you can easyly create an ln to an sd dir or
mount a sd parttion in that directory, or change the config of course ;)
> tangoGPS also allows GPRS or WIFI instant download of maps when needed
>
> [disclaimer - this knowledge all second hand]

To download maps, tap on the map n the popup menu select map download,
and then select the deepth of maps you want to download