USB host successes (good to have)

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Wed Sep 10 04:42:59 CEST 2008

Michele Renda wrote:

> Hello
>
> I want to share something that I found in a shop:
>
> http://www.conectica.ro/display/1-63-19-Adaptoare/Adaptor_USB_A___USB_A___.html
>
> With it I could use the shipped cable (Usb to Micro Usb) to attach a
> pendrive to my FR and to get my FR running.
>
> It cost around 1.50 euro, and it seem to be cheap to me. The good think
> is that it permit to use the provided cable and to don't risk to brak
> the micro usb part inside the FR.
>
> What do you think about it?

Would be nice if they actually showed the connector from the business
end, so we can see what it's like.

I presume it's what we call a USB Type A Female to Female Gender
Changer, like this one:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Specialized_USB_cables#Ready-made_type_A_jack_to_a_type_A_jack_adapter_.28gender_changer.29

Yes, that should allow you to connect a random USB device that is
typically attached to a computer, to the end of the USB cable that came
with your FreeRunner.

With this adapter your USB pendrive would be powered by the FreeRunner,
which is what you want.

Michael