[Om2008.08] Desktop drawer submenu subdirectory

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 13:53:51 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 4:56 PM, <flamma at correo.ugr.es> wrote:

> Hi everybody.
>
> I have installed openmoko-games and I enjoy some of them very much. But
> now my desktop have too much icons to be practical.
>
> It would be useful to have subdirectories on the main menu. So if I want
> to play a game, I go to games and then there are all the games.
>
> I have tried (and failed) the following aproachs:
>
> 1- Make a directory in /usr/share/applications and copy the .desktop files
> inside. Result: the subdirectory doesn't appear, but the launchers inside
> do.
>
> 2- Make a directory launcher in the same place, and put the .desktop files
> inside the directory pointed. Result: the directory launch does not
> appear.

Have you tried the Slider view under Illume menu > Configuration (Spanner) >
Launcher > Display Type?  It categorizes applications and displays one icon
for each category.  You can slide horizontally across different applications
in each category.  Nice idea, but implementation is sub-optimal.  You can't
see all applications at once, and end up invoking the wrong ones.