FR with different WLAN modes

Jim Ancona jim at anconafamily.com
Wed Sep 10 16:22:46 CEST 2008

Katrin Tomanek wrote:
> Then, I set my AP to WEP and authentication with wpa_supplicant worked --
> once! When I ran the wpa_supplicant again I had the same problems as with
> WPA -- I got a "authentication timed out" error message (after rebooting:
> worked once, then not).

I've seen this "connect to WEP once" problem too. I haven't had any luck
connecting to a WPA2-Enterprise network at work either.

I've tried all the variations mentioned on the wiki page and a few of my
own. Can anyone suggest a good debugging procedure for wifi problems?

Also, I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but /var/log/ is empty on
my Freerunner when running OM2008.8. Where should I be looking for logs?

Thanks,

Jim