Trouble Building Kernel

shawnzier at gmail.com shawnzier at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 18:16:58 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 10:57:47PM +0800, Andy Green wrote:

> | Yeah. I'm not trying to make things difficult for myself. I just
> | wanted g_ether as a module so I could use the freerunner as a usb
> | flash drive, which requires removing the g_ether module.
>
> Any recent OM kernel package should have this already.  I don't know
> what the deal is with Debian and which config they use.  The ones that
> OM use to generate the packages are defconfig-gta01 and defconfig-gta02,
> these are set to cook modules for g_ether and the other gadgets.

I'm not sure this is the case.

I am using the latest fso-unstable images from http://shr.bearstech.com

I'm sshing over the usb networking connection and lsmod gives me nothing. Shouldn't the usb networking module show up in lsmod if it is compiled as a module?

Should I file a bug for this at trac.freesmartphone.org? Is this an oversight or did they intend to build their kernel/rootfs this way? Maybe the autobuilder is setup to use defconfig-2.6.24 instead?