Glad to see Gentoo-openmoko distro

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 11 01:50:23 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 10 September 2008, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that. Perfectly. It so happens that the whole point of using
> Gentoo is to build your own binaries. If you're goind the pre-built
> packages way, why not do it with someone who has more experience :)

I may be telling portage on the Feerunner to use binary packages only, but
they will be from a repository built on my desktop using my selection of USE
flags etc. It's a similar situation to OpenEmbedded, but using portage
instead of bitbake on the buildhost for the build, and portage instead of
opkg on the Freerunner for package management.