[debian] xglamo howto?

radl hier-mir-mailen at gmx.de
Thu Sep 11 17:00:17 CEST 2008

Hi arne!
I tested your package and it works as described. Thanks! It's great
to have glamo and xrandr working in debian..
However there are some issues for me at this point:

1: running 'xrandr -o 1' twice results in still beeing in landscape
mode but having a somehow messed up pointercalibration: clicks are
about a 1/3 screen too far right.

2: I've set up debian with xfce as described in [1]. When restarting
xfce I see X starting up 5 times, ending with a blank screen, showing
"""INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes""".
Running 'xinit' as root from a ssh-session does work, (xfce comes up
really fast!), but there are some problems with fonts, panel- and
other configurations, e.g. cell-writer training data...

I'm sure especially 2 is some kind of xinit-configuration issue - any
hints?

Cheers,
radl

[1]http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Debian#Running_X_as_normal_user