distro nightmares ... can fdom help?

flamma at correo.ugr.es flamma at correo.ugr.es
Thu Sep 11 18:20:59 CEST 2008

Well, you chose the hard way.

The easy one was buying a Nokia or even an iPhone. But you wanted a free
phone and this is what you get.

I think you find the hard way much harder that you thought. So do I, but I
can stand with it. I use the phone daily, and I also have had to deal with
distro nightmare, with echo problems, gps problems, SD card problems,
volume and usage problems,... But the software evolves quite quickly, and
the community is enthusiastic and helps a lot.

I definitely wouldn't buy a Freerunner for, say, my sister. At least,
today. But seeing how it is evolving and growing I hope that, with my help
(bug reports, ideas, explanations,...) and those of the community, someday
I could.

Don't desperate.

PS- The vast majority of your question have been already answered on the
lists and on the wiki. I know the distributions should include the
corrections, but I think you have to be patient for it.