Fantastic Experience

SCarlson scottrcarlson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 05:49:55 CEST 2008

 Hello All --

 I'd like to pipe in with my New Freerunner experiences thus far.

 I have had my phone for 2 weeks. I loaded up OM2008.8-update.

Here is the list :

 Solid GSM (Sending and Receiving). No Echo, clear calls, full bars.
 My SIM Card contact list imported automatically.
 SMS, Solid.
 Wifi, also works great.
 GPS works. 60 second TTFF and 40 second TTFF w/ external antenna (This is
without the capacitor fix)
 microSd works.
 Suspend/Resume .. solid (minus the GUI setting having no effect. but I
don't care, I just suspend manually with the power button when I'm not using
it).
 I made a usb cable, so now my phone can receive standard USB devices.. this
opens many doors.

When I was shopping for a mobile computer/phone, I scraped the planet for
something open and hackable. What I found was nice machines with propriety
software that goes through a Telecom company, which is then purposely
crippled and released for public consumption. Most of the crippling process
is based on a Business model that "nickels and dimes" us to death for
services and features that (I believe) we should already have. In the end,
the only answer for me was to by the GTA02.

I'd like to say, that I'm here to stay, "on the band wagon", lets kick some
ass...

Completely Satisfied,
Scott R Carlson