FSO milestone3 my view (ON gta01)

Dale Maggee antisol at internode.on.net
Fri Sep 12 12:47:15 CEST 2008

Tilman Baumann wrote:
> Zhone works well, but it's hideous. The integrated apps approach does
> not work any more in a window managed environment. And the UI is clunky.

strange, I think that zhone is *gorgeous*, and I don't find it clunky at
all! IMHO it's *very* pretty, and runs nicely - in terms of speed I
think it's almost on par with qtopia - it's certainly much faster and
less clunky than 2008.8. If I could just figure out how to change
zhone's wallpaper...

the only problem I have with zhone is missing features, such as an
internal PIM database - at present it only uses contacts stored in the
sim card. Also the fact that you can only send sms's to existing
contacts , and can't just type in a phone number. If it wasn't for these
couple of things I'd be happy to use FSO3 as my primary distribution.
(yes, I know, be patient, zhone is only a 'test gui', and this stuff is
coming...)

On the whole though I think it's great!

-Dale