Opkg: how to protect configuration files?

Geoff Ruscoe gcruscoe at sigmavisions.com
Sat Sep 13 15:43:06 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 8:34 PM, Rod Whitby <rod at whitby.id.au> wrote:

> The packager of whatever package includes that file needs to set CONFFILES
> to include that file.  Then opkg will ask you whether you want to overwrite
> the file, or keep your old one, or drop you into a shell to do a manual
> merge.

So am I to understand that when they are packaging the config files they are
just not packaging them correctly?  Because many of my config files get
overwritten without asking me anything when I do an opkg upgrade.

So they just need to fix the way they are packaging them?

Specifically, the one that comes to mind right now is 89qtopia because of
the gsm mux enhancement.