Tray gsm strength indication app

J. Domburg openmoko at jeroen.ietsmet.nl
Sat Sep 13 23:12:01 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I created a small tray app to show the GSM strength, in order to alleviate
the lack of indicators in the new zhone, and the absence of illume in
Debian. Perhaps any of you find it useful.

It can be retrieved at
http://meuk.spritesserver.nl/matchbox-tray-gsm/matchbox-tray-gsm-0.1.tgz
(that archive both has source and a compiled binary in it.) It only
depends
on libmb, glib and libdbus-glib.

I'm planning on incorporating more info in the app (network provider etc)
but atm it's totally unclear how I should get arrays (a{sv}) from the dbus
to my program using the glib dbus bindings. If anyone knows, please tell
me.

Jeroen