DFUScript v0.1 - Script to help flashing

Shawn "prjktdtnt" Thompson mokowatch at projektenterprises.com
Sun Sep 14 14:56:25 CEST 2008

Dale,
    I would be honored to see my code used in a project that serves a
wider audience. I wrote the script mainly for my own use and figured I
would submit it as a community project for those who wanted to use
and/or improve upon it.

    To find multiple DFU devices I would have to type "dfu-util -l" then
pass "dfu-util -d hexcode -a alternate -R -D imagefile.bin" or some
similar command to flash my device. Now I type "./dfuscript device
alternate file.bin" which takes me about half of what it did since I no
longer need to list to grab the hex or type in additional arguments such
as -R or -D.

    The hex codes should be static for all Neo1973 or Neo FreeRunners as
far as I'm aware. If anyone knows otherwise please correct me.

    I think that adding the option to select your device type and then
what images you would like to update would be great, a setup menu, as
you suggested, would work for this also.

    One feature I would love to see is the option you mentioned of
updating multiple sections at once. Ex: if I have a new kernel and
rootfs, instead of doing them separately I would be able to select, via
a checkbox instead of radio-button, both of them, select each file,
confirm that is what I want to flash to each section and finally be
advised that I should power into NAND/NOR and press ok for it to loop
through each section. My script doesn't have this ability but it was
something I considered as it would make life quite a bit faster in that
regard.

    If I knew more about coding I would love to contribute additional
code but for now all I can offer is what I have done so far. If any of
my code could be useful to your script please use it. The fact that two
open source fans can build upon each-other's work is why I love and back
open-source wherever I can.

    I'm looking forward to seeing more improvements to the gui and
hopefully eventually seeing my script being made completely obsolete or
even integrated into your program in some form.

-Shawn "prjktdtnt" Thompson