happy with debian

Håvard Moen post at haavard.name
Mon Sep 15 00:13:11 CEST 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 01:56:33 -0700, Katrin Tomanek wrote:
> * what about the GPS? I saw there's wiki entry saying I should install
> fso-gpsd and gpsd... but then, how to make the gps work? When I try to start
> gpsd with "/etc/init.d/gpsd start" it just says
> "Not starting GPS (Global Positioning System) daemon: gpsd."
> So, any hints whats going wrong here?

Remove gpsd and keep fso-gpsd and gps should work like a charm.
By the way, where is the wiki entry stating you should install both? In
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/TangoGPS#Running_TangoGPS_on_debian it says only
to install fso-gpsd.

--
Håvard
The less the people know how laws and sausages are made, the better do