Fast dfu-util for Mac?

Ian darkstarsword at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 22:48:33 CEST 2008

Wow, that's /almost/ a whole megabit O_O

No, seriously I've noticed that it takes forever to flash from Linux
too... Seems that the freerunner only has USB1.1 instead of 2.0, but
even taking the USB overhead into consideration it still seems awfully
slow. I guess that N800 of mine spoilt me with it's unnaturally fast
flash in a matter of seconds voodoo magic USB2 stuff.

It has occurred to me that it would actually be faster to reflash the
neo over wireless - not that I would recommend that practice for
hopefully obvious reasons.

Cheers,
-Ian

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 6:27 AM, Linus Gasser <ineiti at markas-al-nour.org> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> another question: if I boot the jffs from FDOM (97MB), it takes nearly
> 15 minutes on my Mac with the dfu-util from
>
> http://www.dsitri.de/wiki.php?page=Openmoko%20Flasher
>
> I heard somebody complain about the same issue on Windows. Is there
> another solution than to install Linux on my Mac? Anybody?
>
> Linus

On the day *I* go to work for Microsoft, faint oinking sounds will be
heard from far overhead, the moon will not merely turn blue but
develop polkadots, and hell will freeze over so solid the brimstone
will go superconductive.
 -- Erik Raymond, 2005