FSO/ASU not registering on the Australian Vodafone GSM network

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Sep 16 10:01:53 CEST 2008

I am having a problem registering anything ASU/FSO based with the
Australian Vodafone GSM network.  Its not the SIM card but ASU/FSO as
2007.2 works fine.  I also believe that other Aussies are having the
same problem.

I found some pages describing how to manually talk to the GSM chip, but
they are 2007 based and dont work for me.  Is there anything on how to
talk to the GSM chip (mimicom?) on the wiki?

Are the connect commands built into the GSM daemon, or in a config file
somewhere they can be checked/modded?

BillK