Sending SMS: python

Marcel tanuva at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 16 21:11:24 CEST 2008

Am Tuesday 16 September 2008 20:54:30 schrieb Luca:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 8:14 PM, Marcel <tanuva at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > For such things I would redirect you to FSO which has the dbus framework,
> > but I doubt the frameworkd being available for 2008.8...
>
> I don't really understand what FSO is, sorry! So there's no way to do this?
> As I read now the use of gsmd and gsmd-tool is for 2007.xx only, not
> qtopia (the wiki say that things can conflict).
>
> The SMSTool use this way as I see looking in the code.

I don't know about the situation on the other stacks, but FSO
(freesmartphone.org) is a project to imlement the fso specifications of an
API for access to the device's hardware.
Maybe you can somehow interface with qpe which seems to be a central control
daemon in qtopia...

> > BTW: Since you're addressing especially at Om2008.8, please prefix your
> > topic with [2008.8] :)
>
> thanks, am a newbie poster here!

It's not because you are newbie (I wouldn't even have noticed that), but a few
days ago some people got to the conclusion that it would be nice to at least
tag threads with the addressed distribution to make client-side filtering
possible, since this list has quite much traffic.

Marcel