community written community update

Dale Maggee antisol at internode.on.net
Wed Sep 17 16:23:07 CEST 2008

Minh Ha Duong wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We all love Community Updates, but that's a huge endeavour for one person to
> tackle. So let us try a little social experiment here: community written
> community update. I just posted an outlined list of bullet points at:
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/15th_September%2C_2008_-_Activity_since_launch
>
> The plan is to leave it to everybody else to elaborate along the following
> editorial guidelines:
> 1. Include everything that was hot on a mailing lists at some point since
> launch.
> 2. Limit each point to three sentences and one link.
>
> Yours truly.
>
> Minh, Volunteer wiki editor
> (Curious and impatient to see if it works.)

Minh,

While I think that the page itself it good, I think that including a
date in the page title is probably not a good Idea. Perhaps either a
series of pages "Activity in <month> <Year>", or just one monolithic
page "Activity Since Launch" would be a better way to go. For example,
I've just announced NeoTool v1.1, but I did this on the 17th, which to
me seems to make it inappropriate to add to a page titled "15th Sep 08"...

-Dale