fso bug/oddity

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Wed Sep 17 19:07:50 CEST 2008

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:

> It's important though that people
> understand why we need all these abstractions. It's not because we love high
> level interfaces, it's because we need to prepare for application
> _integration_.

Yea, but there are things which are already solved and people are used
to work with them. Integration could well go over the top.
As i probably already said. I like the effort, but some things are
better left alone. :)
Not that i have some spcific critique right now, but i could easyly see
fso going in that direction. That's why i reacted this way in this case,
i thought it had happened. *g*

I see fso walking a fine line between genius and insanity. :)
settingsd vs. gconf would be one of these cases. I just refused to
really think about it yet, so i don't really know how much sense it
makes. I think i would not like the outcome... (gconf is horrible, but
it was there long enough to be considered a standard...)
pimd vs. eds the same...