A mailing list for FLOSS-GPS community?

Brian Wilson brian at wildsong.biz
Wed Sep 17 19:25:10 CEST 2008

>> "Risto H. Kurppa" <risto at kurppa.fi> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I suppose there are some tangogps/navit/other gps software users and
>>> developers here on this list who would be interested in getting
>>> together with the rest of the FLOSS GPS community

There are existing groups that are relevant. They are both low traffic
right now and I think for the purposes you suggest the first one might
be appropriate. I am already a subscriber so I will ask how they feel
about it being used this way.

At Google Groups -- "GPS Software and Maps!!!
This is a global community for GPS users, researchers, geocatchers,
GPS manufacturers, GPS application developers, GIS people to share and
discuss their problems with each other and try to find possible
solutions."

This one is oriented towards creating maps for existing devices, such
as Garmin handhelds

At Yahoo! groups -- "GPS MAP AUTHORS is a consortium for those who use
GPS ( Global Positioning System ) hardware and software to create and
publish maps, charts, trail and tour guides."

Brian
in Corvallis Oregon