(Some?) 3G support for Linux from Nokia - relevant for future models?

Marcus Bauer marcus.bauer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 22:16:52 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 05:45 +1000, Lorn Potter wrote:
> I would beg to differ. Trolltech is now part of Nokia, Qt and Qtopia
> certainly are open source and I can tell you for certain, we are
> committed to keeping them open source.

I wonder what your plans are for the phone stack? I doubt that you are
going FSO? At least to me this is a big horror as is much of the
Openmoko software development. It is just not clear what the other open
source players are doing? The single most important piece is the gsmd
with muxing capabilities and some kind of stable API. Next important
part is the power management.

Can you publically talk about where you are going?

Best regards,
Marcus