(Wiki)(GTA02) Freerunner should have its own audio system wiki page

Vasco Névoa vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt
Thu Sep 18 02:49:28 CEST 2008

I think the page (1) has grown too much and too messy. Maybe it's time
to break it apart into 1973 & FR variants.
I know that both systems have a lot in common, but unfortunately they
are NOT equal.
I propose that the info about the FR is moved into a new page
(Neo_Freerunner_Audio_Subsystem) and that any common parts stay in the
present page, being referenced by the new page.

An example of different info between both devices is the alsa state
files and alsa control channel numbers and names... this alone justifies
a new page to avoid the confusion.

So, if you can help me by replying with the best known good alsa state
files and all other important audio info about the FR, I can quickly
write the new page. Yes, I will filter the lists in search of this info,
but I bet I will miss something important (I haven't been hacking the
audio system), so please help me out as well if you can.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

(1) http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_1973_audio_subsystem

Cheers,

Vasco.