A mailing list for FLOSS-GPS community?

Brian Wilson brian at wildsong.biz
Thu Sep 18 17:31:03 CEST 2008

I asked the maintainer of the freegis.org site if he knew of a list
targeted at gps and he did not.

I tried to post to the "GPS Software Hub" google group and the posting
is being held in the moderation queue. (Moderation is fine but someone
has to do the moderating so that the messages go out in a timely
fashion.) I don't have a good feeling about how that group is being
used and maybe we should not be hijacking it for software development.
It's had more of an end-user focus.

I am not a big fan of Google but I suggest hosting the list there
because it actually works quite well. I especially like the RSS
feature.

On the other hand OSGEO is a really good group, I like there projects
and people.
Mapserver, GRASS, QGIs ..

Flip a coin. You decide.

But can we not use the word "FLOSS" in the group description? That
just makes me think of dental hygiene.

Brian