2008.8 default dialer crash on # or *

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Thu Sep 18 20:38:33 CEST 2008

Natanael Arndt wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 18. September 2008 schrieb Marco Trevisan (Treviño):
>> Ok, I was right... The latest upgrade to phonevendor plugin in git
>> blocked it [1]
>>
>> Grab this [2] and put it in /opt/Qtopia/plugins/phonevendors. Restart
>> the phone (reloading qpe wasn't enough to me) and it should work.
>>
>> [1] 563d5f4c781efe1a11680c6a055b409034b528ab
>> [2]
>> http://downloads.tuxfamily.org/3v1deb/openmoko/qtopia-ussd-support-phone-ve
>> ndor.tar.gz
>
> Thankyou, that works. Now beautiefy the code and send it to the qtopia
> people :-D

Yes, but now the problem is that the quoted commit has to be reverted
and the fix inside (needed for people with special chars in their SIM
address book) should be readded in a such way. In ticket #1941 [3],
there's another way to fix it but I guess that the result would be the same.

So is there one with both the issues? Maybe we could test to find a
solution. Here, I've created a faker contact with some special chars in
the name (èàòìñø) but I didn't get any problem in reading it.

[3] https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1941

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/