A mailing list for FLOSS-GPS community?

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Fri Sep 19 00:07:58 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 6:31 PM, Brian Wilson <brian at wildsong.biz> wrote:
> I tried to post to the "GPS Software Hub" google group and the posting
> is being held in the moderation queue. (Moderation is fine but someone
> has to do the moderating so that the messages go out in a timely
> fashion.) I don't have a good feeling about how that group is being
> used and maybe we should not be hijacking it for software development.
> It's had more of an end-user focus.

I 'd like to see something else in the address than groups.google.com
or similar.. Something.. Well, you know, more open source.

So I've mailed the osgeo-discuss mailing list (see
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2008-September/004317.html )
with no answer so far. I'll let you know if I get a reply. But I too
agree that the list would be a perfect match for their profile.

> But can we not use the word "FLOSS" in the group description? That
> just makes me think of dental hygiene.

he, maybe we could change it to open source or similar :) But let's
see what's their answer..