SD corruption(no suspend and sd_max_clk tested)

Neil Jerram neiljerram at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 19 23:07:10 CEST 2008

This is just another SD corruption data point, and a partial one,
since I'm afraid I've lost any detailed logs.

I am running Qtopia on flash, and Debian on the SD card.  Two days ago
I found that booting into Debian failed at the point of trying to
mount the rootfs; the last message was "Kernel panic...", and before
that something about not having any filesystems able to mount the
partition (/dev/mmcblk0p2).

I recovered by rebooting into Qtopia and running e2fsck on
/dev/mmcblk0p2, then I could boot into Debian again.  I'm not an
expert on fsck messages, but I think they indicated that the
corruption had mainly affected the initial superblock.

Hoping this is is of some use to somebody,

     Neil