Audio Jack Sampling Rate?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 21 02:42:52 CEST 2008

You probably want to look at these two. The main limitation is that you've
only got one input channel via the jack, but you might be able to get round
that using the mic switch detection.

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/WM8753
http://downloads.openmoko.org/schematics/GTA02/

Since you need external bits for the IR anyway you may be better off making a
USB device instead. The arduino and other similar devices make the USB part
relatively easy. Put a narrow bandpass filter on your audio transducer and
you make the audio signal a simple on/off - use multiple frequencies if you
need to track different markers or indicate different states.