2008.9 Basic questions

Tom Yates madhatter at teaparty.net
Sun Sep 21 08:40:18 CEST 2008

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008, Hire wrote:

> Instead I find it very usable and better stability. The only thing that
> I find totally useless is the OM-Locations... we need a very usable gps
> sotfware like navit ( with complete maps as navteq o telealtas and a
> routes engine ) so why don't port it onto Openmoko and use it instead of
> Om-Locations?

i don't think it offers a routing engine, but have you tried tangoGPS?  it
does everything else you want, given the excellent hooks to
openstreetmap.org.  i am told that others are working on general-purpose
routing engines using PSM data, but i can't find confirmation.  anyway,
having a map's the main thing for me.

--

       Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net