2008.9 Basic questions

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Sun Sep 21 11:49:49 CEST 2008

For a complete and working routing solution just use navit. It uses maps
from openstreetmaps.org compiled to a binary format which consumes just
~90MB for whole germany. It also supports speach output for directions.
I tested it between two cities where i live and it routed me very well.
The speech output maybe is a bit robocup like, but this is based on free
text2speech engines and not navit itself. ;)
Navit and tangogps fit perfect together for different use cases.

Ciao,
     Rainer

Ciao,
     Rainer