how to change the ring tone on 2008.9 ?

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Sun Sep 21 14:08:56 CEST 2008

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 23:12:40 +1200
Glen Ogilvie <nelg at linuxsolutions.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know this must be simple, but, I can't see how to change the ring
> and sms tone on om 2008.9.   Could someone that knows please tell
> me.  I will update the Ringtones section of the wiki to include
> details once I know.
>
> Regards
> Glen Ogilvie

Install the packages qtopia-phone-x11-ringprofile and
qtopia-phone-x11-ringprofile-app-data. Then you can go into
illume-config and select "profiles", where you can change your ringtone
per profile, even use mp3's (remember that these play too loud, so edit
your mp3 and do -15Db on the volume ...).
If wanted/needed, install also qtopia-phone-x11-profile-data, for more
profiles.

Franky