2008.9 GPS

Alex Oberhauser oberhauseralex at networld.to
Mon Sep 22 21:25:39 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 08:54:32PM +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> Le lundi 22 septembre 2008 à 13:33 -0400, Matthew Lane a écrit :
> > I can't get my GPS to get a fix, even outside.  I'm using the latest
> > 2008.9 distro from the wiki (as of 9/18/08).  My Locations app shows a
> > map, attempts to get a fix, and always tells me I can't get a fix in
> > sunny weather!
> >
> > Is anyone else having this issue, or does anyone know of a solution?
>
> Never got a fix myself.
>
> 	Xav

What program do you use? If I have tried only with the "location" program I
haven't received a fix. With the testprogram openmoko-gps-ui (I'm not sure
with the name) and tangogps it works. When there is clear sky and a free sight
after 1:30 or 2 minutes. When you start then "location" after you have
received a fix with one of the two programs mentionend it finds your location.

Alex