[debian & gps] How to check gps

Christian Weßel wesselch at gmx.net
Wed Sep 24 00:15:50 CEST 2008

Hello,

tangogps and fso-gpsd were installed from <http://ftp2.de.debian.org>,
but I get no fix.

In the Trip tab tango shows allways an alternating GPS Time (Tue
1999-11-30 00:00:00 or Fri 1999-11-31 01:00:00) and Satelites: 11/0. The
rest is zero.

The zhone internal gps appl. shows at the start view at all items N/A,
and at the satelite view are about 10 satelites shown.

The FR ran the whole evening next to a window in a wooden house, but it
got no fix. I couldn't remove the SD card of using Debian installed on
it :-}. Is my FR one of these ones with the SD card problem? Or is it
also fixed by Debian distro?

How can I check my GPS? How can I bring it up running?

Sorry for all these question, but I couldn't find any solution in the
wikis.
--

mfg/br, christian

Flurstraße 14