unable to read from Sandisk 8Gb SD

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Wed Sep 24 09:46:26 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:

> |> It used to be that our kernel packages followed our stable kernel git
> daily.
> |>
> |> But the hash on that one tells it is stuck at Aug 23 patchlevel...
> |
> | Yet another reason why the openmoko autobuilder configuration should be
> | documented and published somewhere.
> |
> | As an example, the person in charge of the openmoko autobuilder should
> | publish the same information as can be found on
> | http://downloads.freesmartphone.org and make the web server show the
> | *actual* conf files used, like in
> | http://downloads.freesmartphone.org/fso-testing/conf/ ...
>
> Yes, they (whoever they are) have packages from 16th September, it
> doesn't look like we broke the build since everywhere is different aged
> package.

The fso-testing distro builds the version of the linux-openmoko kernel
denotes as latest stable by the conf/distro/include/sane-srcrevs.inc
file, which currently in OE git (not OM git) on the org.openembedded.dev
branch says:

SRCREV_pn-linux-openmoko ?= "ca19d156400f817960efe0d14680324b2ea34171"

In OM git, that same file (in the org.openmoko.dev branch) says:

SRCREV_pn-linux-openmoko ?= "a1e97c611253511ffc2d8c45e3e6d6894fa03fa3"

which surprise surprise matches the ipk in
http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/testing/om-gta02/

I have no idea what determines which version is built for the feeds at
http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/unstable/om-gta02/
since there is no published build configuration on
downloads.openmoko.org anywhere to be found.

It's up the the person in charge of testing the linux-openmoko bitbake
recipe to determine what the latest stable version in the feeds should
be by updating that sane-srcrevs.inc file (after booting an image using
that kernel of course).

-- Rod