inotify-tools on openmoko

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Wed Sep 24 21:20:02 CEST 2008

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:44:34 +0100, Al Johnson
<openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 September 2008, jitendersingh wrote:
>> hi,
>>    Do openmoko has support for inotify-tools.
>>    (more information on inotify tools on
>>     http://inotify-tools.sourceforge.net/)
>>    if not, how can I port inotify-tools to openmoko.
>
> OpenEmbedded has inotify-tools 3.12 so there is a fair chance it will
> build
> and run on openmoko. Under mokomakefile it would be:
>
> 	make build-package-inotify-tools

If not, I successfully built 3.13 (untested though, my Freerunner's not
here ATM) with just a slight alteration to the configure script -
circumventing the inotify test that's not possible when cross-compiling
anyway.  (seems kinda shortsighted to actually check if you're
cross-compiling but then fail instead of warn and attempt)

/usr/local/openmoko/source/inotify-tools-3.13$ diff configure.old
configure.new
19678,19682c19678,19684
<   { { echo "$as_me:$LINENO: error: cannot run test program while cross
compiling
< See \`config.log' for more details." >&5
< echo "$as_me: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
< See \`config.log' for more details." >&2;}
<    { (exit 1); exit 1; }; }
---