[2008.9] Getting rid of the bottom bar

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Thu Sep 25 05:12:51 CEST 2008

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 19:26:02 -0700 Charles-Henri Gros <charles-henri.gros
+openmoko at m4x.org> babbled:

> The bottom bar is pretty useless and takes up valuable real estate. Is
> there a way to disable it? (I already managed to remove the installer
> from it)

you would need to "hide" the theme elements for it but that wont make it not
use space as the space is always allocated for it. this is what om's design
wanted. they want those 3 boxes at the bottom of every screen. its part of the
design.

as such i should make all these things optional and probably into gadgets - i
just didnt have the time to before to do it properly.

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com