WIFI Connector Application

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 25 16:50:21 CEST 2008

On Thursday 25 September 2008, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Thursday, September 25, 2008 a las 03:16:43PM +0100, Arigead
escribió:
> > Hello all,
> >     I'm looking for an application which if it exists great and if it
> > don't exist I'll maybe try and implement it in C, if what I'm thinking
> > is even possible. I've not done too much investigating into Wifi as I
> > believe that it has its issues on the FR.

> Isn't wpa_supplicant doing exactly this (it does for me on my normal
> laptop) having /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf as the database for all your
> known Wifi networks?

It would do if all the debian network scripts are in place. Last time I tried
(some time ago now) wpa_supplican would connect, but the scripts that are
supposed to run on connection to sort out IP, DNS etc. were missing.

2008.8/9 appears to be using connman which is supposed to do a similar job to
NetworkManager.