[2008.09] resolv.conf

Sarton O'Brien roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Fri Sep 26 02:34:27 CEST 2008

On Thursday 25 September 2008 21:22:54 vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt wrote:
> If resolvconf isn't doing what it should, then it is our
> responsibility as users to file enough bugs with enough pertinent info
> until it is corrected.

If this were a package I'd agree. Sometime it's up to the users to show some
concern. I don't think I want resolvconf working. Despite not being optimised
for embedded, it's requirements seem to outweigh it's benefit in my view.

To me it seems someone decided to not reinvent the wheel, which is fair enough
in most cases. The freerunner currently has square wheels, so I don't see why
a custom solution couldn't be developed.  There's plenty of time after all,
before we actually need a seemless facility like this.

Sarton