New to Freerunner!!

Fri Sep 26 06:03:20 CEST 2008

I am new to this community. I just got myself the freerunner a couple of
days back. I am a fairly experienced user of Linux/Debian/Kubuntu on
the desktop and this is my first experience with something like the
freerunner.

Anyway i am happy with the hardware and i have been through the wiki
and am still trying to make my way through the amount of information
available in there.

The first thing i did after the free runner landed was i reflashed the
firmware to the 2008.8. I have it boothing but i have not go tit to do
anything useful. Wifi does not connect and the GPS does not work.
There exists no filemanager/ media player by default and so essentially i
still have nothing usable.

I would appreciate anyone guiding me or pointing me to a location
where i can get the needed information. What i need to being is

1) Get the wifi to connect. It currently invariably always says something
like "Error: Unable to connect to the network"
2) Get my GPS working. TangoGPS says no GPS found and "locations"
says unable to get a fix.
3) How do i exchange data between my PC and the FR so that i could
push my MP3's and documents etc.
4) A good music player, web browser and PDF reader.

Thanks to everyone who made this product what it is. Over the next
couple of months i wish to have my Qt apps i've written for the desktop
ported to this platform. In that regard i have not read anywhere about it
but i hope the USB port operates in host mode and i would need it to
interface with certain USB (1.1) hardware.
--
Cheers!
Kishore