[OM 2008.9] Keyboard discussion

flamma at correo.ugr.es flamma at correo.ugr.es
Fri Sep 26 13:27:20 CEST 2008

> The more I use my FR the less I like the current input methods. Raster's
> keyboard is a great improvement but still hardly useful if you're typing
> in a language other then english (e.g. swiss german).

Did you know you can copy the /usr/share/dict/ files from your PC to your
FR, and then you can select this dictionary's on raster's keyboard?

So, if you have GNU/Linux on your desktop system and it is translated, you
can have keyboard working with your language.

If not, I think it wouldn't be very difficult to find those dictionaries.

> P.S. Why can't the default openmoko images not provide "descent" alsa
> state files?

I have asked this question a lot (to myself, though :þ ).