Getting Zhone to work on Om-testing

GNUtoo at no-log.org GNUtoo at no-log.org
Sat Sep 27 21:08:47 CEST 2008

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to get FSO D-bus api working on the OM-testing
> distribution (from http://downloads.openmoko.org/daily/)
>
> The zhone package available in testing installs fine and D-bus seems to
> work. I can query with mickeydbus and I can see incoming events when I
> call the phone.
>
> The Neo vibrates, but Zhone doesn't react. I can also use Zhone to call
> another phone. The other phone rings and Zhone detects that it has been
> answered, but that's about it. No sound and Zhone doesn't detect when I
> hangup.
>
> Zhone says "No dbus", but cleary it can do something with the D-bus. As
> registering on the GSM network and make call.
>
> Also strange: frameworkd seems to consume a lot of CPU. (around 80%).
>
> What is needed to get a basic FSO framework to run on testing?
>
> /Peter

WOW!!! great...I'd really like to have FSO in OM2008.x
With that I could use it as a phone...
For that i'll have to add the missed calls features...but I don't think
that would be hard:
A phone normally save the missed calls on the sim card(enter the pin
before using theses commands):
AT+CPBS=?
AT+CPBS="MC"
AT+CPBR=?
AT+CPBR= result of AT+CPBR=?

here's where I found them: http://gatling.ikk.sztaki.hu/~kissg/gsm/at+c.html

I wonder if FSO stores it in the sim card when a call is missed
By the way...i had made calls with my original phone,then I've put the
card in the openmoko, booted on qtopia,rebooted on FSO,rebooted in
qtopia...and switched off my phone...and put back my sim card into the old
phone and the calls made were erased...that's a minor issue but still...is
it a known bug/feature? is it FSO or qtopia?