[FSO] How to develop with Qt

Kelvie Wong kelvie at ieee.org
Sat Sep 27 22:22:32 CEST 2008

Hi Nicola,

On Saturday, September 27, 2008 08:13:18 Nicola Mfb wrote:
> That's very nice, Kelvie.
> I'm still trying to get a working and safe oetree with qt library inside
> :). The first time i tried with the org.openembedded.dev branch and my
> typical angstrom configured local.conf file, but it got a compilation error
> on uicmoc4-native. After that i tried with the fso openmoko conf file, it
> failed again but i noted that the preferred version of qt4 there was 4.3.3
> instead of 4.4.1. I remembered that in org.openembedded.stable there was
> 4.3.3 version, so i tried again with the stable branch. It compiled fine
> but did not create all the requested ipk (empty). I managed a bit on the
> qt_packaging.inc recipie and finally i got a working qt-oe-tree, i was able
> to compile a my application too. I bitbaked the last fso unstable image and
> flashed the phone with it, setupped a fake feed server on my oe tree, added
> it to feeds on the phone and did opkg update, opkg install qt4-x11-free,
> opkg install my-application, and after that i was able to start it adding a
> simple DISPLAY=:0.
> But i'm not very happy of this as it's not simple and i do not like to mix
> different branches.
> Please share your experience on this...

Next time try separating your text into shorter paragraphs, it's easier to
read :)

I hadn't encountered any of these problems -- I got python-pyqt built against
the org.openembedded.stable tree (that is, the 4.3.3 version), and installed
qt4-x11-free-4.4.1 (from angstrom).  They are still binary compatible, and it
just worked on my Neo, except for the fact that I have to make sure
LD_LIBRARY_PATH doesn't point to /opt/Qtopia first before starting python (as
their libraries have the same name, and most of the same functions, but are
missing some symbols such as QX11EmbedWidget).

Cheers,
--
Kelvie Wong