[2008.9] What, no updates?...

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 11:53:39 CEST 2008

2008/9/28 Dr. Morpheus <morpheus at i2pmail.org>:
> Testing = FSO / Zhone? If not, where do I get this? Are there testing
> feeds for 2008.9? If so, which one?

Testing has all software, 2008.8 and FSO etc. (correct if I'm wrong).
So if you change from 2008.8 (for which 2008.9 is a point release, but
the distro still is called 2008.8) to testing, you simply upgrade the
software you happen to have installed.

IMHO 2008.8 in repository/etc. could be simply called "stable", then
we'd have equal terms to Debian - stable, testing, unstable. It could
still be branded as Om 2008.8.

If you want to start with FSO/Zhone installation, grab a
http://downloads.openmoko.org/framework/milestone3/ or alternatively
switch to Debian http://wiki.debian.org/DebianOnFreeRunner

-Timo