[OSX] AJZaurusUSB bug fix project

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Sun Sep 28 12:55:26 CEST 2008

Hi all,
after having a lot of work to do to provide you with real Freerunner
hardware, I did have no spare time to update AJZaurusUSB.

But now, I have set up a Mac OS X kernel driver debugging environment
(needs two connected Macs with same OS release) since I had received
two reports:

* if the FR is plugged into the Mac by USB and is booted, a kernel
panic on the Mac results before the FR has completed booting
* if one tries an opkg update through USB-Internet sharing, there is
also some risk of kernel panic on the Mac

Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce these bugs again although I
had experienced both myself some weeks ago.

The problem now is that

a) opgk update is broken with the 2008.4 firmware since the servers
are no longer available (argh)
b) after flashing 2008.8 or .9 or FDOM I could not get USB
connectivity any more

So, I am a little stuck with further debugging since there have
apparently been major changes in USB networking on the Freerunner. For
that I need some experienced help to discuss these issues.

Please contact me if you operate your Freerunner on Mac OS X and
finally want to have a working USB driver.

BR,
Nikolaus