[GTA02] Unable to direct sound to speakers

Shashank Bharadwaj shanka.mns at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 08:05:55 CEST 2008

Hi All,

This is my first mail on the list. I'd like to say the first 2-3 weeks with
my FreeRunner has been an awesome experience!!!

So this is my problem. In the first week that I got my FR, i had OM2007.2 (I
guess it's the default) and Debian on the SD card. I was able to
make/receive calls on debian and was happy. I could also hear the calls from
the *tring-tring* sound of the speakers.During this time, I never played any
sound files though.

Later, I installed FDOM, and debian was still on the SD card. Now I only
have OM2008.9 (SD card currently free). At some point, the speakers stopped
working. I was not able to hear when I get calls, not able to route the
calls to loud-speaker, unable to hear songs on speaker. The head phone works
fine though.

I can still receive/make calls, but I can only use the vibrate option. FR
does not ring. When inserting the headphone jack when a song was playing, I
used to hear some sound out of the loud-speaker for a brief movement. (say
100ms) but then it was gone. This happenened a few times and now this has
also stopped.

I've tried with the alsa-mixer settings. Even when the speaker volume is at
100, I'm not hearing any sound.

I'm guessing it must be a hardware issue. Any ideas?

--
Regards
Shashank