[debian] Sephora 0.1 - Suggestions needed

TeXitoi texitoi at texitoi.homelinux.org
Mon Sep 29 15:05:40 CEST 2008

vale <vales at gmx.de> writes:

> it would be nice, to have more control over gps. to see the status,
> satellites, do a warm / cold restart, time to first fix, like in the
> gps-ui for openmoko distribution. thats missing in debian and fso :(

Using fso-gpsd seems to do warm start. It work quit OK, but there is 2
big problems that make me change to a classical gpsd allown:
 - fso-gpsd toggle GPS on/off automaticly, which seems to be a good
idea, but is not when tangogps segfault: You have to wait for another
fix before using it.
 - using fso-gpsd, I have sometimes no gps information during some
seconds or minutes, which is problematic when you are mapping for
openstreetmap.

--
Guillaume Pinot                  http://www.irccyn.ec-nantes.fr/~pinot/

``Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your
mind.'' -- Donald E. Knuth, the TeXbook

()  ASCII ribbon campaign      -- Against HTML e-mail
/\  http://www.asciiribbon.org -- Against proprietary attachments